1. These Terms and Conditions govern contracts for the rental use of hotel rooms for lodging purposes, as well as all other goods and services rendered by the hotel for the customer.
2. The prior written consent of the hotel is required if rooms provided are to be sublet or rented to other parties or used other than for lodging purposes, whereby § 540, para. 1, sentence 2 German Civil Code is waived insofar as the customer is not a consumer.
3. The customer’s general terms and conditions shall apply only if these are previously expressly agreed in writing.
1. The contract shall come into force upon the hotel’s acceptance of the customer’s application. At its discretion, the hotel may confirm the room reservation in writing. We will be happy to reserve the room category you want. We hope you understand that we cannot promise you a specific room number. For short breaks we take the liberty of reserving the type of room subject to alteration.
2. Our prices are per person and day, for the range of services as described, including taxes, subject to errors and changes. Visitor’s tax per person and day €0.90 (as of 2012).
2. The parties to the contract are the hotel and the customer. If a third party placed the order on behalf of the customer, then that party shall be liable vis-à-vis the hotel for all obligations arising from the hotel accommodation contract as joint and several debtor together with the customer, insofar as the hotel has a corresponding statement by the third party.
3. Any claims against the hotel shall generally be time-barred one year after the commencement of the general statute of limitations dependent upon knowledge of § 199, para. 1 German Civil Code. Damage claims shall be time-barred after five years, independent of knowledge. The reduction of the statute of limitation periods shall not apply for claims according to Item VII No. 1 Sentence 3 and 4 supra.
1. The hotel is obligated to keep the rooms reserved by the customer available and to render the agreed services.
2. The customer is obligated to pay the applicable or agreed hotel prices for rooms provided and for other services used. This shall also apply to the hotel’s services and outlays to third parties caused by the customer.
3. The agreed prices include applicable value added tax as required by law. If the period between conclusion and fulfilment of the contract exceeds four months and if the price generally charged by the hotel for such services increases, then the hotel may raise the contractually agreed price to a reasonable extent but not, however, by more than 10%.
4. Moreover, the hotel may change the prices if the customer later wishes to make changes to the number of reserved rooms, the hotel’s services, or the length of the guests’ stay, and the hotel consents to such changes.
5. Hotel invoices not showing a due date are payable and due in full within 10 days of receipt. The hotel shall be entitled at any time to make accumulating accounts receivable payable and due and to demand payment without undue delay. With default of payment, the hotel shall be entitled to demand the respectively applicable statutory default interest in the amount of currently 8% or, with legal transactions with a consumer, in the amount of 5% above the base interest rate. The hotel reserves the right to prove greater damage.
6. The hotel is entitled to require a reasonable advance payment or security deposit upon conclusion of the contract or thereafter, observing the legal provisions for package tours. The amount of the advance payment and payment dates may be agreed in writing in the contract.
7. The customer may only set-off or reduce a claim by the hotel with a claim which is undisputed or decided with final, res judicata effect.
8. Wellness and beauty treatments must be booked at the same time as your reservation, otherwise we cannot promise there will be any appointments free.
1. Cancellation by the customer of the contract concluded with the hotel requires the hotel’s written consent. If such is not given, then the price agreed in the contract must be paid even if the customer does not avail themselves of the contractual services. This shall not apply with the breach of obligation of the hotel to take into account the rights, objects of legal protection and interests of the customer, if holding to the contract is no longer reasonable or another statutory or contractual cancellation right exists.
2. To the extent the hotel and customer agreed in writing upon a date for a cost-free cancellation of the contract, the customer may cancel the contract up to that date without incurring payment or damage compensation claims by the hotel. The customer’s right of cancellation shall expire if they do not exercise their cancellation right in writing vis-à-vis the hotel by the agreed date, insofar as no case pursuant to Item IV No. 1, Sentence 3 supra exists.
3. If rooms are not used by the customer, the hotel must apply credit for the income from renting the rooms to other parties and also for saved expenses.
4. At its discretion, the hotel may demand the contractually agreed compensation and to make a flat-rate deduction for saved expenses. In this case, the customer is obligated to pay 90% of the contractually agreed rate for lodging with or without breakfast, 70% for room and half-board, and 60% for room and full-board arrangements. The customer is at liberty to show that the claim mentioned above was not created or not created in the amount demanded.
1. To the extent that a right of cost-free cancellation within a certain period was agreed in writing for the customer, the hotel is entitled for its part to cancel the contract during that period if there are enquiries from other customers regarding the contractually reserved rooms and the customer does not waive their right of rescission upon enquiry thereof by the hotel.
2. If an agreed advance payment or an advance payment demanded pursuant to Item III, No. 6 supra is not made even after a reasonable grace period set by the hotel has expired, then the hotel is likewise entitled to cancel the contract.
3. Moreover, the hotel is entitled to effect extraordinary cancellation of the contract for a materially justifiable cause, e.g. if force majeure or other circumstances for which the hotel is not responsible make it impossible to fulfil the contract, rooms are reserved with misleading or false information regarding material facts, such as the identity of the customer or the purpose, the hotel has justified cause to believe that use of the hotel’s services might jeopardise the smooth operation of the hotel, its security or public reputation, without being attributable to the hotel’s sphere of control or organisation, there is a breach of Item I. No. 2 supra.
4. The customer can derive no right to compensation from justified cancellation by the hotel.
1. The customer does not acquire the right to be provided specific rooms.
2. Reserved rooms are available to the customer starting at 3.00 p.m. on the agreed arrival date. The customer does not have the right to earlier availability.
3. Rooms must be vacated and made available to the hotel no later than 11.00 a.m. on the agreed departure date. After that time, the hotel may charge 50% of the full accommodation rate (list price) for the additional use of the room until 6.00 p.m., after 6.00 p.m. 100%, on the grounds of the delayed vacation of the room for use exceeding the contractual time. The customer’s contractual claims shall not be established on this basis. The customer is at liberty to show the hotel that it incurred no or much lesser claim to use damages.
Nutzungsentgelt entstanden ist.
1. The hotel is liable to exercise the duty of care of an ordinary merchant with the performance of its obligations arising from the contract. Claims of the customer for reimbursement of damages are precluded except for such which result from injury to life, body or health and the hotel is responsible for the breach of the obligation, other damage which is caused from an intentional or grossly negligent breach of obligation and damage which is caused from an intentional or negligent breach of obligations of the hotel which are typical for the contract. A breach of obligation of the hotel is deemed to be the equivalent to a breach of a statutory representative or employee. Should disruptions or defects in the performance of the hotel occur, the hotel shall act to remedy such upon knowledge thereof or upon objection without undue delay by the customer. The customer shall be obliged to undertake actions reasonable for them to eliminate the disruption and to keep any possible damage at a minimum.
2. The hotel is liable to the customer for property brought in to the hotel in accordance with the statutory provisions, i.e., up to one hundred times the room rate, not to exceed €3,500 and up to €800 for cash, securities and valuables. Cash, securities and valuables up to a maximum value of €26,000 may be stored in the hotel safe or room safe. The hotel recommends that guests utilise this possibility. Liability claims expire unless the customer notifies the hotel immediately after gaining knowledge of the loss, destruction, or damage (§ 703 German Civil Code). With regard to more extensive liability of the hotel, Item VII No. 1, Sentences 2 to 4 supra shall apply respectively.
3. Insofar as a parking space is provided to the customer in the hotel garage or a hotel car park, this does not constitute a safekeeping agreement, even if a fee is exchanged. The hotel assumes no liability for loss of or damage to motor vehicles parked or manoeuvred on the hotel’s property, nor the contents thereof, except in cases of intent or gross negligence. Item VII No. 1, Sentences 2 to 4 supra shall apply respectively.
4. Wake-up calls are carried out by the hotel with the greatest possible diligence. Messages, mail, and merchandise deliveries for guests are handled with care. The hotel will deliver, hold, and for a fee forward such items (on request). Item VII No. 1, Sentences 2 to 4 supra shall apply respectively.
1. Amendments and supplements to the contract, the acceptance of applications, or these General Terms and Conditions for Hotel Accommodation should be made in writing. Unilateral amendments and supplements by the customer are not valid.
2. Place of performance and payment is the location of the hotel’s registered office.
3. In the event of dispute, including disputes for checks and bills of exchange, the courts at the location of the hotel’s registered office shall have exclusive jurisdiction for commercial transactions. Insofar as a contracting party fulfils the requirements of § 38, Para. 2 of the German Code of Civil Procedure and does not have a general venue within the country, the courts at the location of the hotel’s registered office shall have jurisdiction.
4. The contract is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. The application of the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods and the conflict of laws are precluded.
5. Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions for Hotel Accommodation be or become invalid or void, the validity of the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected thereby. The statutory provisions shall also be applicable.